City/State: Fairfield NJ
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Join the Northeast’s largest industrial, commercial & municipal pump distributor as a Field Service Technician! You’ll provide service support for our broad range of pump products that suit virtually every fluid handling need. You’ll be representing a Best-In-Class Pump Distributor and be a part of a team of certified technicians that provide unmatched service in the Northeast. We are seeking a high energy, driven candidate who can work independently, and in unison with vendors and peers.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide maintenance for pumps and related equipment at customer site
- Provide support for pump start-ups, including setting up pump operational program
- Prompt completion of service reports utilizing CRM system
- Evaluate pump products in the shop and complete evaluation and estimate for repair.
- Perform pump product repair in the shop
- Complete all activities with safety as a priority
- Experience interfacing with and working in front of customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting capability
- Ability to lift up to 50-lbs and work in confined spaces
- Ability to safely work with hand tools, power tools, diagnostic tools as required
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to use computer for reporting and evaluation. Ability to utilize email and internet.
- High School Diploma. Post-Secondary trade school for mechanical is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license; must be insurable (no alcohol/drug related convictions, no excess moving violations, accidents, points or combination thereof)
- Each Field Service Technician is provided with specialty tools required for specific applications. Daily use tools are provided by each technician, so you can utilize the tools you’re most comfortable with.
- 5-years of commercial or municipal pump field repair experience
- 5-years of experience working in the field on positive displacement pumps including rotary lobe, progressive cavity, diaphragm and metering pumps preferred
- Specific experience with Goulds, Xylem, Gorman Rupp, Grundfos, Viking and/or Aurora preferred
- Knowledge of electrical controls and wiring a plus
Hayes Pump is an innovation leader in the pump distribution market. We offer our team members:
- Training opportunities (from direct vendor training as well as mentoring from experienced engineers)
- A casual work environment
- An emphasis on work/life balance
- Full benefits including health, 401K match & dental
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Potential for career growth
- Participation in our incentive compensation plan